Monday, February 6, 2012

The 90s, Volume 1.


Let's start with not only one of my favorite series in elementary school, but my favorite book in that series.  I was forever taking these out of the library! 


Who didn't love The Spice Girls in the 90s?  I was probably their number one fan.  I owned the barbies, the movies, books, and taped anything Spice Girl related to come on TV on the VCR.  I don't think I've ever played a cassette tape so much.  Holla to Ginger!, who was my very favorite.


Goosebumps.  Not only did I love those books, but I loved the show based on the books.  Fox kids was where it was at.


Barbie was my life.  This is not an understatement.  Besides books and playing teacher, barbie took up at the very least half of my childhood life. 


American Girl was the shit.  Not only did they have those books, but their catalog sold dolls based on the girls from the books with matching accessories.  They also sold dolls made to look like you, and baby dolls that came in different ethnicities, down to the choice of eye and hair color.  I owned one of those, and it actually makes me kind of sad that I don't know whatever happened to mine.


Juice bar perfume.  I remember a fragrance called teddy bear, and it smelled sooo good!  Why do they not still sell this?

Charlotte's Web.  Not only my favorite book of all time, but I will still gladly watch that movie.  I owned it on VHS and gladly abused that tape.


Discovery Zone was fucking awesome.  I only had the priveledge of going there a couple of times, and for some reason they got rid of the one in Vestal.  That place had this huge black slide as well as a kickass maze type thing that started at the ground and went up to the ceiling with a bridge going across the top leading to the other side.  No kid went into that place sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment