Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm officially inked!


                               


In honor of my upcoming 21st birthday, my boyfriend went above and beyond and got me the best present in my short history of birthdays!  Not only that, but it was an experience we'll remember forever.  I'm officially inked!


After much thought, I had settled on this verse: There is no fear in love.  It caught my eye when I first read it, so of course, being my typical self, I researched it to figure out what exactly it meant.  This is my conclusion; Fear is a debilitating state of mind.  It not only adds limits to your life, but holds you back from doing things you want to do.  Love on the other hand is the most selfless and beautiful of feelings.  If you're in real, true, love with someone or are as equally in love with and passionate about something, there should be no doubts about it.  Nothing should hold you back from pursuing that.  To truly be fully in love with someone, there can be no doubts, no fear, no limits on your love.  I further fell in love with the verse after looking into its meaning, and after looking at countless pictures of tattoos, I decided I really wanted it to go vertically down my spine, mostly courtesy of a picture I saw of Mrs. Beckham. 


Eric decided that he wanted "Any weapon formed against me shall not prosper" on his ribs, which I instantly fell in love with.  What a sick verse! 


On February 2, we went to Colortech Tattoo with the intentions of making an appointment for a later date for our tattoos.  Surprisingly, after sharing our tattoo desires with the man sitting at the front desk, he informed us that they'd have enough time that day to fit us in if we wanted to do that.  At that moment, I think I shit my pants out of fear..and excitement of course.  I've been waiting, oh, just about forever to get a tattoo, but actually being so close to getting one was making me beyond nervous!  I'd tried to prepare myself by watching endless youtube videos in the hopes of gaging the level of pain based on other's facials, and by asking endless questions to those I know who have been inked already.  Nobody's answers satisfied me, so I sat there looking through a font book more than a little nervous and anxious. 


At first I chose a pretty cursive type font, but I'm not really sure what I was thinking because I chose to get the verse going down my spine.  This wouldn't make any sense with a cursive lettering since the letters are not meant to stand alone, so the man at the front desk deterred me from this font and I went through the book again.  Eric and I ended up liking the same font, so we spoke with our artist and then left to have lunch at Nirchi's while she drew up our tattoos.  Btw, we had the dankest, fresh out of the oven pizza that day! 


When we returned like half an hour later, after waiting a few minutes in the front, our artist, otherwise known as Tracey, told us to come back and since I volunteered to go first, she had me straddle the tattoo chair with my back to her.  As I was sitting there, shirtless, I started sweating so profusely!  I was beyond nervous and anxious and scared that it'd hurt.  I took Eric's hand, and after shaving the area, she started.  Much to my surprise, it really didn't even hurt, and I ultimately enjoyed the experience.  The only part that really made me cringe was when she got to the top. 


Too bad Eric's wasn't as painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment